Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's Not About You!


In 2006, as I was separating from the love of my life, I had to learn my new identity. I was no longer Tim's wife and exclusively Timura's mother as she too was growing up. I needed to learn to focus on me for a change.  This is very important especially for a person like me who is a giver and did not know how to take care of herself. God showed me I needed a season of self reflecting and learning boundaries in order for Him to prepare me for the calling He had kon my life.  

I recall a scrapbook I designed that blessed me. I encourage all to do the same. Visit www.MsRaesCustomDesigns.com for an example.  If you are not a scrapbooker then write down and reflect on the items in an All About Me album.  This book will allow you to truly see what you desire, like, dislike, crave, etc. You may choose to do it every so often as a Ebenezer Stone tool to see how far   God has brought you. You will be amazed. 

This scrapbook helped me put in perspective my purpose but I never wanted to lose focus of my God given purpose! This was an All about Me album but I must remember IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!  IT'S ABOUT HIM!  Once I truly realized this the fulfillment of my life's destiny came into focus.  When all that we do we recognize that it is for His glory, the manifestation of His glory unfolds in our lives. We have more joy, peace, and happiness despite our circumstances.  Kevin Hall, Author of Aspire, says, "A life of significance is about serving those who need your gifts, your leadership, your purpose." 

 I believe Apostle Paul says it eloquently, "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus." 

It's not about you! It's about bringing glory to our Father. Today, I encourage you in everything you do to excel that it glorify your Father in Heaven. When we change our motive and perspective, I promise you our lives changes.  Don't forget as I encourage you I encourage myself! Be blessed.

Check out our ministry page at http://facebook.com/ForHimMinistry
 And our new book at www.ForHimMinistry.org


No comments: