Saturday, July 12, 2008

Be Still and Know I Am God

As I sit here and listen to Marvin Sapp sing "Never Would Have Made It" I reflect on the words of the song and the words on the scriptures that I've chosen for this very blog...


Never would have made it, never could have made it, without you
I would have lost it all, but now I see how you were there for me
...
I would have lost it all,
But now I see how you were there for me and I can say
I'm stronger, I'm wiser, I'm better, much better,

When I look back over all you brought me through.
I can see that you were the one that I held on to
And I never would have made it
------- Marvin Sapp "Never Would Have Made It"

Truly I never would have made it through this past year if it had not been for the Grace of God. This song has become a true testimony for me because no matter what I was going through God was there for me. All I had to do was "BE STILL."

According to Psalm 46:10, God tells us to Be still and know that HE is God. As Christians we must believe and trust in Him to do what His word says. Often time we want to get in the way of His way and His will but we need to allow Him to have His way in Our lives. I'm a true believer of this and a living testimony.

When I allowed God to have His way and had Faith in Him my life changed. We must believe that things come in God's own time and in His own way. If I would have things my way, I would be living somewhere else, living another way, and doing something totally different than what I'm doing today, but thanks be to God, I allowed Him to have his way in my Life and I'm doing what He would have me to do. Not what Man or Self want. Oh don't get me wrong, I went kicking and screaming and it wasn't always easy. As Marvin Sapp says in his song, "as I look back over my Life", God was always there. I'm Thankful for that.

When I was in the Hospital bed, He was there. When I was alone at night, He was there. When I didn't know where my next meal was coming from, He was there. When I thought I didn't have a friend, He was there. When I couldn't pay my bills, He was there. Basically, He was always there, all I had to do was... BE STILL!!!!

No comments: