Friday, April 10, 2015

Persevering In PAIN!




Today, I write from a different prospective. Instead of providing insight from past pain, I write in the midst of pain, prayerfully, helping someone that maybe going through emotional or physical pain. For the last four days, I have had a headache that has gotten progressively worse each day. As I write, I am at my worse but find this process of writing healing as I focus on helping and not pain.

I do not deny that pain has been a major culprit my entire life but I refuse to allow it to steal my joy, my purpose, and my dreams.  There was a time in my life where I would become so deeply depressed because of the chronic pain. I know it hurt my marriage and ruined many family days when my daughter was growing up. I have learned to cope with the pain and live a productive life in spite of it. I now write journal entries for Migraine.com to help other sufferers that believe there is no hope or that doctors are not listening. I believe it's important for sufferers to know that they are not alone.

 I have been suffering since I was a little girl. This was during the time when it was believed that the pain was in our head, literally. This was during the time when it was considered a "female problem." Statistic show more men have headaches than women yet more women choose to seek medical attention. 

I have chosen to share my story because there are too many sufferers that are misunderstood. Including myself. We are survivors! All pain sufferers no matter what type of pain you're enduring. Even as I type this through blinded pain my prayer is for silent pain awareness. 

Do not feel sorry for me! I thank God for the journey! He has chosen me for this journey for a purpose and that is to be a testimony of His goodness in the midst of my pain.  




Check out our page at Www.facebook.com/RaleneBerry
Contact us for a Free Coaching Session at www.RaleneSpeaks.com

No comments: