Wednesday, August 13, 2014

You are loved!


The quote from one of Robin Williams' movie is very apropo. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone."

I, as an Encourager and Empowerment Speaker, often share, that we cannot control people but we can control how people make us feel. This is true especially as it empowers us to  press forward despite our feelings. Our feelings are God given emotions used to protect and guide us! I call it my Jimny Cricket as it warns me of danger ahead.  I hear him sitting on my shoulder telling me to "watch out!" It is how we respond that's important. 

Many see my glory but never truly know my story nor do they desire to know! In my book "As I Encourage You, I Encourage Myself," I share my personal story of depression and illness.  

I am known for my effervescent smile and joy, yet I often felt alone and misunderstood in a roomful of people. Depression is a disease that destroys. I share because there's so many suffering with a disease in silence because of societal judgment.

I overcame depression with the help of some great doctors and my spirituality that has always been a part of my life. I share my love for people, especially women, daily as a desire to encourage those suffering no matter how mild to seek help and know YOU ARE LOVED! 

Each of us was designed for a purpose. GREATNESS!

I Encourage you to Shine like the Star you are! 

Never forget, As I Encourage You, I Encourage Myself!



Check out our page atWww.facebook.com/RaleneBerry
And our new book at www.RaleneSpeaks.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so right, Ralene. When people tell me that they are lacking something, i tell them to give it and that they will find they had it within them all along. So yes, when we encourage others, we encourage ourselves.

If we need love, give it.
If we need kindness, give it.

And when we embrace the wisdom that we are One, we cannot help to come into awareness that we are never lacking that which we perceive we are.

RaleneCreates said...

I love it Shelly! This is truly the best way to encourage yourself!

Thanks for sharing! You are loved because YOU give Love!

Unknown said...

Ralene, this piece seems to perfectly exemplify your beautiful statement, "As I encourage you, I encourage myself." I love the many meanings of that statement and hw you are embodying it!

Beth W. said...

Love this, Ms. Rae! I spent the better part of yesterday feeling rolling waves of intense grief about Robin Williams. There's a part of me that deeply knows the sense of aloneness he felt near the end. I hold no judgment for his actions, but a peaceful understanding that his soul rests now. I heard someone say today that maybe his death will help another better understand depression and addiction. I pray that is so.

Thank you for this touching post.