Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Encourage your Ownself!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to encourage your own self in the Lord! 


Why do I share this? Not to discourage or hurt but to strengthen. Even the strongest need encouragement. Often we seek encouragement from others and there is a price to pay to receive. In friendship and in relationships, one must give to receive. I have found myself seeking encouragement but spend more time encouraging that individual or listening to their problems than receiving what I desired. One night it was so bad I decided to tell the dog all my problems. She seemed to listen intently, with her ears alert at the appropriate spots, tail wagging even shaking her head for me to realize I had to pay a price for her encouragement too! She wanted a treat for her attention! Lol. I say this to say, the joy of the Lord is our strengthen! We must continue daily to encourage ourselves! 

Also for me as I encourage you I encourage myself! (Sharing that treat made my day!). 

Be blessed -rfwb

No comments: